Ok, time to talk food! I haven’t done a recipe blog post in a while and figured it was about time after I whipped up this heavenly eggplant & cheese stuffed chicken. I am a member of Gusto Di Roma’s monthly subscription and each month I get a box full of authentic Italian bites. These foods pair perfectly with my wine but when I was sent a beautiful Eggplant Caponata I knew it was time to create something delicious with it.
Eggplant & Cheese Stuffed Chicken
What You Need:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Spagetti sauce (jarred or homemade)
Mozzarella cheese – to taste
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Gusto Di Roma Eggplant Caponata
1 cup bread crumbs (I used plain and added my own seasonings but Italian bread crumbs would be ideal)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut your chicken to make a pocket (where we still stuff it with all the goodness!)
- Season both sides of each breast with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In one bowl, crack your eggs and whisk them together. In another, add your bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Dip your chicken into the eggs first, then into the bread crumb mixture. Coating both sides.
Note: in these pictures you see seasonings. This is because I added some flavors to my bread crumbs since they were plain flavored.
4. Now, stuff your chicken pockets with a bit of mozzarella. I used A LOT as we LOVE IT!! But how much you use is up to you.
5. Bake on a greased baking pan for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
6. Remove from oven, top with Eggplant Caponata from Gusto Di Roma and some more mozzarella.
7. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
8. Remove from oven, top with spaghetti sauce and ENJOY!!
Let me know if you try out this stuffed chicken recipe and your thoughts! Also, want more info on Gusto Di Roma and how to get your own box? Head over to their page for more. Or check out the giveaway on my Instagram where the good folks over at Gusto Di Roma have agreed to give one lucky winner their own box FOR FREE!!!