GUSTO DI ROMA –
JUST ADD WINE
When I started this blog my goal was to find not only new wines but, also, new recipes, accessories, and foods to pair perfectly with my wine. Well, the search may just be over! I
found a new monthly club shipment that IS TO DIE FOR. Gusto Di Roma sends small Italian bites straight from Italy to my doorstep. These foods are unlike anything I have ever eaten here in the states. I don’t think I can eat at an “Italian” restaurant again now that I know what these foods should really taste like.
How cool is this? Not only is each monthly box different from the next but what you get one month may be different than what someone else got that same month. Why? Because Gusto Di Roma is getting these foods from actual butchers, farmers, and growers in Italy who may run out of stock! Could it get any more authentic?! I love this whole premise so much!
Just think of this monthly shipment as the greatest charcuterie and cheese plate you will ever see. With some of the highest quality Italian bites you will ever lay your hands on.
WHAT I GOT…
In my first shipment I got:
- Eggplant Caponata Spread from Sicily. This was perfect on some bread. I have never tasted anything like it! We spread it on to some french bread and broiled it for a few minutes in the oven.
- Pork Salami from Northeastern Italy. My family and I LOVE salami but little did we know how much greater it could be when coming from a true, authentic italian butcher.
- Taralli flour crackers made in Southern Italy, at the heel of the boot. This are not your ordinary crackers! I literally moaned out loud with my first bite.
- Cerignola olives from Central Italy. You have not had an olive until you have had one of these bad boys.
- Cartelized, grilled Borettane onions from Central Italy. Again, I don’t even know how to put in to words the flavors that come from these. My mouth watered the second I opened the jar it smelled and tasted that scrumptious.
- Traditional Torrone sweet nougat from Southern Italy. I had never had this italian treat before so it was so much fun to try something new! It paired beautifully with our dry white wine we were pouring that night.
- Lastly, I got a bottle of authentic balsamic vinegar for signing up with the club. Did you know the olive oils and balsamic vinegars we get here in the states are FAR from the real thing? And not nearly as healthy for you? Not to mention they don’t taste ANYWHERE as good.
*Please note that each box is different. Do not expect to necessarily get these exact same items*
Did I mention you will never have to cook a thing? Each box comes ready to eat. It is perfect for a night in with your spouse or friends, a fantastic hostess gift, or an even better Christmas gift!
Head over to Gusto Di Roma now to get your first shipment at 20% off!!! You will lovely every heavenly morsel they send you, I promise! You will never find better companions for your wine :-).
For those of you that are going to give it Gusto Di Roma a try, please let me know what you think of it!