A Heavenly Trio
Honey Mustard Chicken & Brussel Sprouts Recipe + A Wine Pairing
Anyone else have those days where you are sick of all your go-to recipes and need something new?! That was me yesterday! Sick and tired of all the same things, I was really wanting to try something new, sans a recipe, and just wing it. Wellllllll, let me tell you, this REALLY paid off. Not sure how I managed to do it but I created not one but TWO new, phenomenal recipes. When one hears brussel sprouts rarely do they think, “YES! My freakin’ favorite”, but try this recipe and I can guarantee even your little ones will be asking for more. Paired with a delicious honey mustard chicken and a Guthrie Family Chardonnay this meal could not have been anymore perfect. I hope you all enjoy this Honey Mustard Chicken & Brussel Sprouts Recipe as much as my family and I did.
Brussel Sprouts Concoction
I have no other way of explaining or titling this side dish other than a concoction of yumminess. So, let’s get started with this bad boy.
You will need (Serves 3):
3 cups of brussel sprouts cut into fourths
1/4 cup of pistachios or pine nuts
3 pieces of bacon
1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
1/4 cup of butter
salt and pepper to taste
Let’s get started:
- In a sauce pan cook your bacon until golden brown, chopping it up upon completion then set it aside. DON’T TOSS THE GREASE.
2. In the same pan you used to cook the bacon, with the grease still in it, add your brussel sprouts, onions, and butter. Saute until the brussel sprouts are al dente or well cooked (however you prefer it). Onions should be cooked through, as well. NOTE: You DO NOT have to use the bacon grease AND the butter. You can certainly chose to do one or the other.
3. While your brussel sprouts are cooking chop (or smash up) your pistachios or pine nuts. Mine were salted so I rinsed and drained them first as I was afraid it would be too much salt (if there is such a thing!).
4. Add your chopped nuts to a pan with bacon grease, butter, or olive oil and cook until browned.
5. Finally, add your browned nuts and bacon to the pan of brussel sprouts and let cook for a few minutes longer to really integrate all the flavors together.
6. Salt and pepper to taste then VOILA the first half of your Honey Mustard Chicken & Brussel Sprouts Recipe is completed!
Honey Mustard Chicken
You will need (Serves 2-3):
4-5 Chicken thighs (I used 5 because my husband is a solid eater)
salt and pepper
1/4 cup yellow mustard
2 Tbs of agave or honey
4 Tbs of mayo
Lets get started:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F
2. Coat your chicken thighs in half of your mustard. Doesn’t need to be completely coated.
3. In a large saucepan heat olive oil then add your chicken and sear on each side. I seared on each side for about 3 minutes. It should be pretty crispy and brown.
4. Once seared add to a baking dish and cook for 20 minutes or until no longer pink on the inside.
5. While your chicken is baking lets make your sauce by combining the remaining mustard, mayo, agave, and paprika (to taste). Mix well.
6. Once you have pulled the chicken from the oven it should be very crispy and ready to serve.
7. Pour the sauce liberally on each thigh. I swear, no such thing as too much with this sauce!
I hope you all enjoy this Honey Mustard & Brussel Sprouts Recipe as much as my family and I did. We had it last night and my husband asked me to make it again tonight…SCORE! It paired beautifully with, yet, another great shipment from Vinfluence. The Guthrie Chardonnay is truly perfect for any type of Chardonnay drinker with flavors of pear, banana, apple, and aggressive acidity. I enjoy it best closer to room temp.
Cheers, Beautiful Wine Lovers!
Let me know your thoughts on this Honey Mustard Chicken & Brussel Sprouts Recipe and wine pairing. I am so curious if your family loves it as much as mine!