Stuffed Chicken Recipe
I love coming up with new recipes and recently I have been on a stuffed chicken kick. The best part about this meal is you can switch it up and use whatever flavors are tickling your fancy that day. For example: I have done feta and spinach, pepper jack cheese, bacon, and turkey, and most recently, broccoli and cheddar. I wanted to share this recipe with you because it was the perfect pairing with a nice Chardonnay from Moran Manor that I got from Vinfluence Wine Club.
You will need (for 2 servings):
2 chicken breasts
1.5 cups for cooked, drained, chopped broccoli florets
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs (plain or seasoned works)
Lets get started:
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Pour a glass of wine
3. On a cutting board, filet your chicken breasts down the middle. This should make one longer, thinner piece. Do not slice all the way through if you can.stuffed chicken recipe
4. Once halved, place half a cup of cheese on each breast on one end
5. Next, place 3/4 cup of broccoli on top of the cheese of each breast.
6. Roll the chicken up and put toothpicks through it in order to hold it together.stuffed chicken recipe
7. Season each breast with the garlic salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
8. Place in a greased baking dish and cook for 30-40 minutes
The Wine Pairing
I tend to lean towards the oaky, buttery Chardonnay’s but with food I prefer a cleaner, crispy Chardonnay. With this stuffed chicken recipe I went with the Moran Manor Tantrum Chardonnay. The elegant minerality of this wine really brought this stuffed chicken to life.
What are some of your favorite stuffed chicken combos? If anyone is interested in my spinach and feta or bacon and pepper jack stuffed chicken recipes, let me know. I would be happy to share.